Friday, June 3, 2011

What do you think of this?

I found this scene in a journal i have of bits of writing that I keep for fun. I don%26#039;t even remember what story I wrote this for, but i thought it was pretty good for something I don%26#039;t remember writing. Tell me what you think!





When Demonica stepped through the door with a candle in her hand, all she heard was the muffled clink of chains, then everything was silent. Beyond her tiny circle of candlelight, all was dark. She took five more steps into the black. The clack of each footstep against the cement echoed as loud as thunder compared to the silence all around.





Demonica waved her candle through the air until it found a boy with eyes and hair as black as night. He was leaning lazily against the wall with his wrists handcuffed to a pole next to him, observing his surroundings for the first time he had the chance. There wasn%26#039;t much to observe. He was in a small, concrete room with a few rusty pipes running along one wall and a shattered light-bulb hanging from a wire on the ceiling. Then he turned to Demonica.





%26quot;What do you want, brat?%26quot;





Demonica flashed a smile. %26quot;Well, I was planning on helping you, but if you%26#039;re going to act like that it might just change my mind.%26quot;





He glared at her with eyes that said: %26#039;take a step closer, you won%26#039;t like what happens next.%26#039; He smirked. %26quot;Don%26#039;t waste your time. I don%26#039;t need anyone%26#039;s help, especially yours.%26quot;





%26quot;Says the kid who%26#039;s still helplessly handcuffed to a wall.%26quot;





%26quot;Not for long.%26quot;





%26quot;Sure. I%26#039;d like to see you try to get out of here.%26quot;





%26quot;Watch me.%26quot;





%26quot;I am.%26quot;





The boy looked down at his handcuffs and scowled, which made Demonica let out a laugh. It looked like what used to be the superman of crime had turned into Lois Lane.





Demonica set the candle on the floor next to his feet. %26quot;You%26#039;re Daniel, right? Danny Jenson?%26quot;





Danny just kept scowling at her.





%26quot;Right. I%26#039;ve heard a lot about you, and I get why you hate me so much. You think that good girls and villains shouldn%26#039;t mix.%26quot; Demonica reached into her pocket and pulled out a bobby pin, taking the rubber end off of it and bending it twice at the end. %26quot;I don%26#039;t think you%26#039;re a villain. Angry at the world, maybe, but not a villain. And you know, you%26#039;ve never really gotten to know any of the good guys.%26quot; She held the bent bobby pin out to Danny and he took it. %26quot;Maybe you should start now.%26quot;





Demonica turned and walked out the door, leaving Danny alone with the bobby pin. He slid it into the keyhole on one handcuff, wiggled it from side to side, and heard a click. He did the same to the other cuff, and the handcuffs slid off his wrists.





Getting to know one of the good guys. Now that was an idea to get used to. Maybe it wasn%26#039;t such a bad idea. After all, Demonica did let him go...





%26quot;Naw.%26quot; Danny said out loud. Being bad was too much fun to change sides now. That brat had made a mistake letting him go, and he was going to make sure she knew it.





Right as soon as he found a way out of that place.








Thats what i got! i hope it makes enough sense. I would have given some background info, but again, I don%26#039;t have any. Just for the record, i%26#039;m 13, if that makes any difference. I could have been 10 when this was written, for all I know. I%26#039;ve kept that writing journal for a long time.





Thanks!|||awesome i%26#039;m 14 and im a writer too you should deffently contine and maybe put some more info in the begining :) good luck|||i liked it. weird name, but it was good. jsut for the record, i%26#039;m a thirteen year old writer too. i think you should expand on what you have there.|||It rocks I love it you should continue writing it. I would definetly buy it.