Friday, June 3, 2011

I am looking for a tool to change a broken light bulb.?

I have 30 foot ceilings with recessed(can) lights and change my light bulbs with a tool on a pole. One of my bulbs is broken and I don%26#039;t know how to get it out. I can%26#039;t get on a ladder to reach it either. Someone told me there%26#039;s some kind of tool I can put on the end of my pole that will work. I can%26#039;t find anything like that though. I need a LINK to where I can buy such a thing. Please help and thanks.|||you could find a way to attach a potato (cut in half) to a broomstick and use it to stick onto the broken end of the bulb and slowly unscrew it. But that%26#039;s if you wanted to go the %26quot;el-cheap-o%26quot; route.|||Lowe%26#039;s and Home Depot have em. Make sure they will reach 30 feet. It is basically a spring type socket that goes over the bulb and then you turn the bulb out. Put a new one in the thingy and put it back in.|||Menard%26quot;s Lowe%26#039;s, and Home Depot. I have seen them at Lowes a few times.


I am not sure how long they are but I know at church we bought one and it can remove the bulbs that are over twenty feet in the air. It uses springs to help hold the bulbs and then tightens around them when you turn them.


I have found for future use we spray a little WD-40 on the base of the bulbs before we put them back in. This does help with corrosion and when we have to take them back out. Also something else we have done is to buy 130 volt light bulbs not 120 volt bulbs they last longer and we have not had to replace any of these 130 volt bulbs since we put them in.|||go to homedepor or ikea|||I usually use a cut potato but since your ceilings are so high you need an adaptor for your pole.


http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1x鈥?/a>


http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1x鈥?/a>


Go to home depot or lowes and see what they have to attach to your pole.


Try the baking potao cut to fit on the end of the pole using duct tape.